February 2, 2009

White Blanket Over London






LONDON, 2007. I stayed at Bakers Street for sometime couple of years back. I heard ample of time about the bad weather in this part of the world. True! Come summer and it was raining.
I wondered does it ever snow in the capital of Britain. I was told most of Londoners have had never seen snow on the London streets since long, long and long time indeed. And if I had the fascination for snow then London was not the place to be. But I stayed. Completed my work. And left with a bit of disappointment of seeing all weathers except the white coloured flakes on the streets and on the rooftops and on the trees. And now when I am not there “SNOW” is smiling …...ooops it’s laughing all over the place. Londoners are witnessing heaviest snowfall in 20 years, which they never ever dreamt off. Tubes are jammed, buses are not plying and my friends called me to inform they are not going to office and having all the fun in this WHTE WEATHER. HO! SNOW you cheated me. I am missing you.

Falling Snow
See the pretty snowflakes Falling from the sky,
On the wall and housetops soft and thick they lie. On the window ledges,
On the branches bare,
Now how fast they gather, Filling all the air. Look into the garden,
Where the grass was green;
Covered by the snowflakes, Not a blade is seen.
Now the bare black bushes, All look soft and white,
Every twig is laden - What a pretty sight!

8 comments:

Anu Russell said...

good to see u being a regular blogger :)

meenal said...

ahhh!! these white cover sheets looks so calm n serene.. while i was lookin at the pictures ..i feel as if they are calling me n tellin me to make a huge snow ball n hit somebody..!! :)to break the white silence.
it is scratching the naughty me inside to come out n have fun with them..
keep the good work on ...n creatin different emotions inside ur readers..cheers!!!

Dinesh Akula said...

WHITE COVERs definaltely are tempting....and YES Ms Anu russell...i am now regular blogger and was it was nice of u to comment and ur blog is also quite interesting...

Anudin said...

nice writing
very lyrical

Deepa said...

Freeze!! can't believe it's the same london! Wonder what it would have been like with ten of us in the flakes..wonderful I guess :)

Dinesh Akula said...

Yes Deepa..it would have been just amazing..but hardluck...we just had to do with chilly weather .....

Cognos Addict said...

hi Dinesh Sir its amazing !!!!


Nisar Mohammad

(UR student)

Poornima said...

Amazing piece of Art.. snow laden trees feel like Christmas time again...very well written... What happens when the white blanket melts...